• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket with M instead of F

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
VirginiaWhat is the name of your state?
I was on a 4 lane road with 2 lanes of traffic in each direction. there were 2 other vehicles next to me and my cruise control was set at 62. speed limit is 60. cop pulled me over saying he clocked me at 70! and there is no way i was going 70, i dont like to go that fast ever. I noticed on the ticket that the cop wrote that I am male which it is painfully obvious that i am a female.
so what is my recourse? can the ticket be thrown out for the gender error? if not what else can i do. I know i wasnt doing 70.


Senior Member
It is obvious you did not conduct a search of this site before posting since your's is the 4,572nd post of this nature we have answered.

Do a little homework.


New York

I once received a summons for Passing Steady Red. The officer didn't even write my name and address on the summons. I barely escaped that one, so I don't know what's gonna happen with yours.

On the other hand I once received a non-traffic summons where the summons was written so badly that 5 corrections had to be made to it at trial, and yet I was convicted.

I know if they make even one error on writing a parking ticket those usually get dismissed. This is about the best I can do for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential