• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maddog52

What is the name of your state?

michigan

i was stoped for speeding 72 in a 55 i had my cruise set at 62 he wrote me up for 65. I had the truck checked out and the speed was fine. There was another truck behind me and the officer had to pass him to stop me. Is there any way the officer had him in radar instead of me.

Is there any information on what car the radar will pick up?

lwpat

You admit that you were speeding so what is your problem with the ticket. Cruise control will vary slightly so it is quite possible that you were doing the 65.

"I had the truck checked out and the speed was fine. There was another truck behind me and the officer had to pass him to stop me. Is there any way the officer had him in radar instead of me. "

If he was behing you then it would seem that you would be the faster vehicle. Did the officer tell you he had you on radar rather than another method?

Some of the newer radars can actually read two vehicles. Other units have an instant on button that can be reset almost immediately.

"Is there any information on what car the radar will pick up?"

Yes. The officer gave you a written confirmation that it was your car.

You have the option of showing up on your court date and trying to get the violation reduced to a nonmoving ticket or dismissed if the officer does not show up for trial. Unless you are a CDL driver or drive a company vehicle just pay the ticket.

M

maddog52

my point is that i was not doing 72 i was doing 62 and he would not have stoped me for doing 62.
The truck behind me was not there a minute before and i noticed it on my back bumper when the officer passed me.
Is it possibe that the radar picked the truck behind me rather than my truck?

does the radar pick up the larger vechicle?
how does the radar work?
is there any articles on it?

thanks dog

H

hexeliebe

my point is that i was not doing 72 i was doing 62 and he would not have stoped me for doing 62.
So you freely admit you were speeding. Now, how do you come to the conclusion that the officer would not have stopped you?

Oh, I forgot, you watch cop shows on TV and just KNOW that they always set the radar to 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.

Well, guess what. There are parts of this country where the police department, by policy, are required to set the radar at EXACTLY the speed limit. And guess what again? It's perfectly legal.

You were speeding. You pay the fine.

M

maddog52

I think your not at all listening to what i am saying i admitt that i was speeding. All i want to know is:
How does the radar work?
Does the radar pick up the larger vechicle?
Is there any articles on it?

I have never heard of anyone speeding at 56 mph in a 55. They just dont stop you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">