• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding/wreckless driving, ticketed by unmarked @ destination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Any advice as how to approach this matter. Guilty of speeding, but responded to a lunatic trying to run off the road, by getting the hell away. Was followed and then at destination, a gun pulled and told to freeze, police. Car personal vehicle of an off duty officer, ticketed at destination.

D

dsut

Get a lawyer! Ok, so you were speeding. But if the cop was off duty and in his POV, he has no right to pull you over and hold you. Pointing a weapon at you complicates it a lot. I have seen this crap happen before, so I know it does happen. Scary, isn't it? We're not supposed to be afraid of the cops, if we are law abiding citizens. They are here to serve and protect. But who are the serving and protecting? Not us.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

D

Dee911

Originally posted by [email protected]:
OK, First make sure you have that officers name, then call the Chief and advise him that he has off-duty units making traffic stops and pointing weapons. Last I knew They were not to draw down on someone unless it was going to be a felony arrest or something major, and speeding is not it, unless you forgot to mention something about a pursuit?? what state is this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">