• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Splitting up assets and money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Virginia

In what timeframe do you split money and assets? Do I have to report future money or assets or do we only split stuff at the time of original filing? Or is it at the time when the divorce is finalized?

We have no kids and we both have our own jobs if that helps any.

FlyingRon

You split stuff at the point of the divorce decree being issued. That's not "future," it's current to the point that the marriage is over.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If you want the details you should speak with a licensed divorce attorney in Virginia. You should have an attorney to protect your interests.

I don't consider divorce to be a DIY matter. If you screw up it can cost you a lot of money for a long time.

If you want the details you should speak with a licensed divorce attorney in Virginia. You should have an attorney to protect your interests.

I don't consider divorce to be a DIY matter. If you screw up it can cost you a lot of money for a long time.
I'll be sure to do so after doing some more research. At least to help with the documentation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">