• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sponsoring my father without parents marriage certificate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


New member
Hello, I would like to sponsor my father I have been told I need to fill out an I-130 form and then an I-485. They ask as proof of evidence to submit his marriage certificate to my mother but he does not have it and cannot obtain it; however, he does have the divorce certificate. Would the divorce certificate be acceptable or would he need something else?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential