• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouces rights for parolees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Supergirl78

No I wasn't but my fiance is on parole and trying to tell me that if the police stopped us that they have the right to search me without permission

CdwJava

Generally, they can search anyplace that the parolee has access to. If you are in a house or car, then anywhere in that house or car that the parolee has access to can generally be subject to a search. This will generally NOT include a search of your person, but if your purse or other bag was readily accessible by the parolee, those items may be subject to search.

Bottom line is if you do not want to risk a search, then don't live or travel with a parolee. Keep in mind that if the police or parole agents are not satisfied, it may be possible to revoke his parole. So, if you are obstinate, HE may pay the price for your obstinance.

quincy

No I wasn't but my fiance is on parole and trying to tell me that if the police stopped us that they have the right to search me without permission
Although not typical, that potentially could be a condition of his parole.

Here is a link to a standard parole release form with standard conditions in Indiana: https://forms.in.gov/download.aspx?id=11273

We have as a member of this forum an Indiana probation officer. Perhaps "Indiana Filer" will see this thread and provide some additional information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">