• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal Support, Again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
My ex is taking me back to Court, AGAIN. He lost his job in Feb, I offered to accept half support until he found new employment, but he took me to Court in May. The Judge Ordered him to pay the half. which he is not doing. He was working P/T (Walmart)(Judge told him he was under employed, and to seek comparable employment) and is re-married, and she works full time.
He has now found, better employment, not in his field, (engineering) but at least $5.00 more per hour that his P/T job, and it is full time. He again is taking me back to court to have the Support stopped. This is the 4th time in 2 years he is attempting this. He has paid only $200. in the last 6+months, a far cry from what he was Court Ordered. I am having a very hard time making it, I will have to borrow to make my house payment for the next month. I cannot afford my lawyer, because I still have a $1200. balance from the last 2 times he had me in Court.
What can I counter Charge in the Notice of Motion.
So far, (1) I want to request that the Support be put back at where it was, before he lost his job, which is what the Judge implied in the last proceedings.
(2) I would like to have him sited for Comtempt of Court for non pay.
(3) I would like to request that the back money be paid, immedately. He may need to borrow, but that is what I will have to do, and have been doing for quite awhile.
Can his lawyer (3rd in 6 years) be sited for anything for not filing the Court order for wage assignment? I had to write the Judge to inform them that the Court order was not made out after the last Court date, thus, the Judge made the Order out, but then his employer, dropped the ball (new computer system).
This has been a sick, abusive divorce, 12 times in Court in 6 years. I have a difficult time understanding why it keeps coming back, and back.
They Judge ordered indefinate support, I work full time, but not at near the amount he makes, or at least is capable of making in his area of training.
Any feed back on what motions I need to be using, and what can I do to stop this nightmare. I have offered and Chapter 71/Section 71 (?). But it falls on deaf ears. This was a long term marrage, and I do have some cerifible dissabilities that were entered into the Court records at the divorce.
Any and all input is appreciated.
Desprate, and poor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential