• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



state: maryland
i have been separated since may 1, 2000. we have been married since 1995. my husband does not pay one red penny toward the joint property i live in with our two children. currently i have a child support order in process. in december 2000 i told him i wanted to sell the home because my commute to work is 1hr&1/2 one way and trying to maintain the home has been very stressful on me with no support. he also refuses to pick up the children from daycare except on his every other weekend visitations. he said he would sign the papers to sell the home. the realtor came by and drew up the papers and when i went to drop the papers off for his signature, he said his lawyer advised him not to sign anything. I got a lawyer to draw up the separation agreement and there has been one issue after another. because i do not have the money to maintain a lawyer, i had to terminate my lawyer. it is now june 2001 and i am still being pigeoned holed in the home with no support. all i want to do is sell the home to be relieved from the burden of the house expenses and the commute. my husband has retained this lawyer since september 2000 and no divorce action has been filed. i have been afraid to file myself for the divorce because he has a lawyer and i feel inadequate. what legal options do i have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential