• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouse Abuse.. Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? APO-AP 96260 (South Korea)

- I am vietnamese 19 years old and married to an American citizen who is also a U.S goverment employee.

- We have been married for 14 months and abused for 3 times. The first and third times were reported to the MP (Military Police)

- This is physical abuses. I also had the report from the doctor, although I did not have to go to emergency room or have an operation.

- The form I-130 was approved. However, the progress is still pending because of my husband Tax 2002 situation.

- I am very afraid and don't want to come back to him or give him another chance as this is a circle and keeps repeating. It is just likely getting worse.

- Please ... please help me, advise me in order to continue obtaining my permanent green card.

- I have the proof to prove that I entered into our marriage in good faith such as thousand of emails, IM chat conversation, photos.

- I have never been to United State.

- I really appreciate your help.

An abused wife.



I can't answer that well- but I do know there are exceptions for abuse... The problem is lots of desperate women (ok, maybe some men too) use this alot. So, keep reporting any abuse promptly- document everything. Be careful... :) Bob

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential