• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouse Coverage Illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajlawrence

My husband has been covered under my health insurance for 2-1/2 years. My employer just informed me that he is required to take insurance offered by his place of employment or it is illegal. We are in a very bad financial situation, and his employer requires him to pay over $100 per month for insurance. We don't pay anything for insurance through my place of business. This is the first I've heard of this, could someone please explain this to me?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ajlawrence said:
My husband has been covered under my health insurance for 2-1/2 years. My employer just informed me that he is required to take insurance offered by his place of employment or it is illegal. We are in a very bad financial situation, and his employer requires him to pay over $100 per month for insurance. We don't pay anything for insurance through my place of business. This is the first I've heard of this, could someone please explain this to me?
My response:

That's what I'd like to know too.

Can you have your employer show you where, in the insurance policy and / or manual, where such a rule exists ?

And, when he finds it, please let me know because I've never heard of such a thing when it comes to married insureds.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-24-2000 at 05:01 AM]

A

ajlawrence

Employee Health Insurance

My husbands employer deducts $33 weekly to cover our family on their health insurance policy. They charge about $25 to cover him only. Why is he required to pay to get insurance for himself through his place of employment?

The company I am working for is switching to a different policy where we will be required to pay for our families, but the employees are covered by the company. My supervisor indicated that he thought it was not legal to make an employee pay for health coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">