• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spraypainting a noose in the middle of the street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachw7

New York

This situation occurred after the previous incident involving the arson of a “Black Lives Matter” sign. Earlier today, a man was spotted spray painting a noose on the road in front of someone’s house. Including New York’s rule of elevating the level of a hate crime one category higher than the crime would have been had it not been a hate crime, what is/are the highest level crime(s) that this horrible act can be charged as? So far it is unknown what the individual’s intentions were in spraying the noose on the road.

quincy

New York

This situation occurred after the previous incident involving the arson of a “Black Lives Matter” sign. Earlier today, a man was spotted spray painting a noose on the road in front of someone’s house. Including New York’s rule of elevating the level of a hate crime one category higher than the crime would have been had it not been a hate crime, what is/are the highest level crime(s) that this horrible act can be charged as? So far it is unknown what the individual’s intentions were in spraying the noose on the road.
It could be judged a hate crime. It would definitely be vandalism.

I hope whoever witnessed the act reported the crime to the police.

zachw7

It could be judged a hate crime. It would definitely be vandalism.

I hope whoever witnessed the act reported the crime to the police.
The way I actually found out about this and the previous burning of the sign was through notifications sent out by the police concerning the details of the suspects, so it seems like they have the investigation going and under control, which is good. The witness provided the description for the police to report.

quincy

The way I actually found out about this and the previous burning of the sign was through notifications sent out by the police concerning the details of the suspects, so it seems like they have the investigation going and under control, which is good. The witness provided the description for the police to report.
That the acts have been reported by a witness and the incidents are being investigated by the police is positive. With luck, the character or characters who are committing these crimes will be located soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">