• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sprinkler killing my trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elizawiza

State: New Jersey

My neighbor's sprinkler system has heads very close to my property line and heavily spray water onto some evergreen trees that should not be so moist. I spent a considerable sum having one of the trees moved from another location, so in addition to the fact that I love the trees, it will cost me quite a bit to replace them if they die.

Is a homeowner responsible for keeping unwanted water off of another person's property? I have made attempts to see if the neighbor would turn off the offending sprinkler heads, or have them moved, but I am not meeting with much cooperation.

Thanks for the help!

xylene

State: New Jersey

My neighbor's sprinkler system has heads very close to my property line and heavily spray water onto some evergreen trees that should not be so moist. I spent a considerable sum having one of the trees moved from another location, so in addition to the fact that I love the trees, it will cost me quite a bit to replace them if they die.

Is a homeowner responsible for keeping unwanted water off of another person's property? I have made attempts to see if the neighbor would turn off the offending sprinkler heads, or have them moved, but I am not meeting with much cooperation.

Thanks for the help!
The neighbor watering your land is a form of trespass.

You need to inform them of the trespass by certified mail.

If they refuse you may need to involve a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">