• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SR22 quandry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HolliRF05

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My registration was recently suspended for not having insurance. When I went to re-register my vehicle after obtaining insurance found out I had to get an SR22, and because my soon-to-be ex-husband's name is still on my car's title he also has to get an SR22. It will increase his insurance tremendously, and taking him off the title will not relieve him of an SR22, because his name was on title at time of suspension. If we take him off title, sell car to relative with just my name on it, then buy it back, will that remove him from SR22 responsibility?

racer72

What you are proposing is called fraud. You and your soon to be ex will require the SR-22 filing on all vehicles you own for the period specified by the state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">