• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ss# on timesheet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apachebow

I live in Arizona

My employer requires my ss# as well as employee # on my timesheet. This sheet passes through several hands and several offices on its way to payroll. I don't feel comfortable using with my ss# on the time sheet.

1-can my employer require it
2- how can I plea to have it no longer required

Beth3

1 -can my employer require it Yes.

2- how can I plea to have it no longer required How about just talking to your supervisor and asking him or her to carry the request to the appropriate management person who can make a decision about changing company practice on this? There's been so much media coverage on stolen identity and the need for individuals to protect their social security numbers and other personal information, yours is a perfectly legitimate and easy to understand request.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">