• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSD Question and support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Father Time

Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Indiana
I collect SSD and am wondering if I have to pay support still or what happens. I pay $120 a week in support. I can't work anywhere and make any money due to ade and health, even if I could work the limit is $830 a month. What can I do to or can I get my support stopped or reduced a lot. Kids are 20 in college, 17 and 15 in high school. Divorce paper sez pay till 21 of age. What options do I have or any ideas who to contact in Indianapolis?
Father Time


Senior Member
Call 1-800-840-8757 (if you're in Indy already there is a local but this is 800 anyway so no biggie). Talk to them and ask how you go about getting a modification of support. Indiana will still require that you pay SOME form of support. If you look though this SSD (maybe it was in CS .. but I think here.. could search my name) and you will see a thread I started just within the last few weeks concerning CS and SSD in Indiana.

tommy 522

You need to go to social secirity administration and get the two younger kids put on your social security! their mother will recieve a check for them ! approx 1/2 what you draw . The older child, you will need to go to court to modify court order, at 20 years old and you being on disibility the child should be on their own if you cant help! ss dont give you much to live on much less pay for a grown child going to collage! this advice is from my own experience except the grown child in colleage and child support order on a GROWN CHILD! sounds like you got screwed my dad only had to pay until we turned 18 and we got cut off ss at 18 too! sp did my son when he turned 18 me being on ss too!


yea...i have some nephews and neices their dad is on disability, and they get checks...he never paid child support but now they get something becuz hes on that.....sad to say they were older too, didnt get it for that long....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential