• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ssd Trying To Cut Me Off Again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BABABOOIEA1

CWhat is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA JUST RECEIVED A LETTER SSD SAYING THERE GOING TO CUT ME IN THIRTY DAYS BECAUSE THEY FOUND A FELONEY WARRANT ISSUED FOR A VIOLENT CRIME BACK IN MARCH OF 1997. I DIDNT APPEAR ON A FELONEY CASE IN COURT AGAINST ME. BUT IN NO WAY WAS IT VIOLENT AND I'VE CHECKED THE DMV OVER THE PAST 8 YEARS AND HAVE BEEN RAN BY POLICE IN THAT COUNTY AND NOTHING HAS COME UP AND WAS NEVER FOUND. AT THE TIME OF THE TRIAL I FELT I WAS BEING RAILROADED AND WOULDN'T ACCEPT THERE PLEA. HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE ON MY CASE WITHOUT OPENING A BIG CAN OF WORMS AND GOING TO JAIL BUT WITH MY DISABIBITY I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE. BUT ALSO CAN'T LOOSE MY BENEFITS,MEDICAL INCLUDED?

seniorjudge

Let's see...you are a fugitive on the run from the law, facing the charges of committing a violent felony.

And you want government benefits.....

What a world.... :D

BL

Maybe it's time to consult a Lawyer .

Why are you checking DMV , was it a hit and run ?

Why don't you fill us in .

Have you asked SSA how they came up with the Info. ?

Oh wait , now they will notify the authorities of your address .

Last edited:

reyn562

Social Security and felony warrants

The general rule with Social Security is that they will stop your benefits if they see that there is a felony warrant against you for your arrest. Presumably they will stop your benefits on the simple fact that a warrant exists. However, you may be able to fight the case if you can prove that you acted out of good faith and had no reason to believe that you had a warrant for your arrest.

There were two recent cases that were successfully argued about this: in one particular case it was successfully argued that the defendant/claimant did not know there was a warrant for his arrest for any felony, let alone a violent one. In the other case, the defendant/claimant knew there was such a warrant but his disability prevented him from traveling.

By failing to appear in felony court it is the basic general rule that one automatically gets a warrant for his arrest issued immediately by the judge. Therefore I have reason to believe -- and so does Social Security -- that you knew there was a warrant for your arrest. Therefore you are considered to have been fleeing from the warrant, thereby disqualifying your claim of any lack of knowledge. Therefore the Social Security Administration has rightfully stopped your benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">