• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ssd Wreck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rodessas

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I was in a car accident .I receive disability.I had cancer. I have mediacre and my husbands insurance. Even though I was in the right and had a independent witness Insurance said I was 70/% in the right and the other lady 30/%.I told them this was not fair. They said the pain and suffering should be enough to pay the other 30/% of my doctor bills .Will I be able to keep this money since I am on disability. The hospital filed on my medicare and husbands insurance .What should I do.tell them not to pay or what

BL

rodessas said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I was in a car accident .I receive disability.I had cancer. I have mediacre and my husbands insurance. Even though I was in the right and had a independent witness Insurance said I was 70/% in the right and the other lady 30/%.I told them this was not fair. They said the pain and suffering should be enough to pay the other 30/% of my doctor bills .Will I be able to keep this money since I am on disability. The hospital filed on my medicare and husbands insurance .What should I do.tell them not to pay or what
What kind of Injuries are you talking about ?

Did you have a Personal Injury Lawyer represent you ?

What type of disability are you receiving ?

How much money is the Ins. going to pay out ?

EDIT: I see you state you're receiving SSDI . That money is yours , and any amount you are rewarded won't effect SSDI .

It may effect SSI , if you receive that in addition, or other benefits .

You would have to request a waiver , If SSA wants to cut the SSI .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">