• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI and working part-time for a MLM

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BellaB

What is the name of your state? Florida

Im about to have my SSDI reinstated after trying to work the 9 month work trial period and being unable to (I had a really high management position in the organization). There is a MLM I'd like to become a member of just to get discounts on products, maybe sell just a little. I talked to a few consultants for this company and they are doing the same thing (though not on Disability) and are only making about $200 a month without try to sell. This company does not need you to have inventory on hand. I've worked for MLMs before and this seems doable (again, I just really like their product and want discounts). Would this hurt my SSDI? I know I would have to report this as income if I make any sales. If I don't sell anything during a month, what would I tell SSA? Other than this being a MLM (yes, I know how they work), are there any cons/negatives that may affect my social security? Thank you.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state? Florida

Im about to have my SSDI reinstated after trying to work the 9 month work trial period and being unable to (I had a really high management position in the organization). There is a MLM I'd like to become a member of just to get discounts on products, maybe sell just a little. I talked to a few consultants for this company and they are doing the same thing (though not on Disability) and are only making about $200 a month without try to sell. This company does not need you to have inventory on hand. I've worked for MLMs before and this seems doable (again, I just really like their product and want discounts). Would this hurt my SSDI? I know I would have to report this as income if I make any sales. If I don't sell anything during a month, what would I tell SSA? Other than this being a MLM (yes, I know how they work), are there any cons/negatives that may affect my social security? Thank you.
Considering that 99% of participants in MLMs lose money, I doubt that you're going to have to worry about it affecting your SSDI. I hope you'll read this MLMs Put People in Debt before wasting your money.

BellaB

Again, I have worked for them before. Mary Kay, Thirty One, etc.--I got out before going broke (in fact, I broke even). I know exactly what I am getting into. It's called kidnapping: you join just for the benefits, not to actually sell. I like the products, but refuse to pay full price for them. And I don't have to have any inventory. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">