• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI auxiliary payments are more than child support.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johnny8675

In Texas my SSDI auxiliary child support is 400.00 more than my child support.What to expect with attorney generals meeting?
My child support payment is 950.00 per month, my non custodial daughter started receiving 1274.00 per month through auxiliary payments. I provided Texas attorney generals office of proof that I was disabled and my daughter was receiving this amount. They gave me an appointment with the judge at there office next month instead of going to court. What can I expect? Do I need an Attorney?
I am not behind on any payments, they said my case is unusual because of the extra amount she is receiving. I am really nervous about going to the meeting. Nothing else has changed, she is still covered by the same (Blue cross Blue shield Federal) through my wife for the past 5 years.
Thank You!

LdiJ

In Texas my SSDI auxiliary child support is 400.00 more than my child support.What to expect with attorney generals meeting?
My child support payment is 950.00 per month, my non custodial daughter started receiving 1274.00 per month through auxiliary payments. I provided Texas attorney generals office of proof that I was disabled and my daughter was receiving this amount. They gave me an appointment with the judge at there office next month instead of going to court. What can I expect? Do I need an Attorney?
I am not behind on any payments, they said my case is unusual because of the extra amount she is receiving. I am really nervous about going to the meeting. Nothing else has changed, she is still covered by the same (Blue cross Blue shield Federal) through my wife for the past 5 years.
Thank You!
If all goes well they should rule that the child's benefits replaces your child support.

Johnny8675

Thank you, I also heard they might reduce the auxiliary to the court ordered amount, although I can’t see them doing that!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">