• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ssi held up due to supposed overpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roy72

went to ssa odar judge in nov dissabled back to 2015 fully favorable 60 days was up in jan no pay due to supposed overpayment, three junk properties i bought from tax claims i bought for 250 ea when i was on ssd till 2014 and they had well documented so in jan recieve letar from food stamps being cut due to 799 payment for combined ssi and ssd which i nevar recieved, also recieve letar from ny jamaica ny at the bottom it stated i do qualify for ssd but local office still says no and i know this all stems from that request for imfo they give you right before your 90 day approvel date is up i didnot sign correctly so they sent me another one to cover their but and i wrote accross second one i did not approve back to 2014 only back to when the judge said now after several grievances they cut my wife off they sent a letar 4 days after doing so in april dated feb 1th actually 2 the other dated march 20 th neither could have been sent back in that time frame since we recieved them late they denied our waiver

FlyingRon

It's hard to understand your post. You may wish to try sentences.

SSDI is not going to be likely affected here. SSI certainly can be if the properties you purchased push you past the asset test and you didn't report such. Absent seeing the correspondence we're not going to be much help, but it appears you've blundered through most of the due process and I don't think there's much hope now.

However, there are lawyers who specialize in disability issues with the Social Security Administration. You should perhaps run your problems by one of these.

Janke

Is there a question? If you were previously entitled to SSI and determined ineligible and overpaid due to excess resources from this "junk property" you purchased and never repaid the overpayment and never received a waiver of the overpayment, then yes, SSI will collect toward the overpayment before you get any money. The government may have stopped bugging you about the overpayment, but it doesn't go away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">