• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSi Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shack383

Missouri

Is it legal for my step daughter to collect my grandsons disibility check When he lives in our home and we provide 100% of his support. If caught what legal action could be taken.

Rich

BL

shack383 said:
Missouri

Is it legal for my step daughter to collect my grandsons disibility check When he lives in our home and we provide 100% of his support. If caught what legal action could be taken.

Rich
You need to give us some background .

A) Was the grandchild living with you , when the Stepdaughter applied for benefits and started receiving them , or
B) Was the grandchild living with her at the time .

Anytime there is a change in circumstances it has to be reported .

If this is truly SSI benefits for the Grandchild , the Step mom , would most likely be made to pay it back .

Another issue , is do YOU have legal Guardianship , or some sort of Custody Order of the Child ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">