• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI Recipient as Dependent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? LA

My huband was placed on the liver transplant list two years ago and in order for him to be be able to get medicade and SSI we had to divorce. We still live together and I support him and his daugther who I have legal custody of
I am not sure how to file. Head of Household ? Do I claim both him and our daughter as dependants.



Senior Member
Head of Household.

If his income is less than $3100 (not including social security), you can claim him also. You can claim the child.

You need to have paid more than 50% of his support.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential