• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI: Release of backpay funds, one lump sum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusChrist777

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Florida

I was recently approved for SSI and received the first installment of my backpay. I am homeless and would like to buy a mobile home to live in. This first installment amount is not enough to do that with. My question is, how do I go about filing a petition for release of funds with ssa so as to get the other two installments 'now' in one lump sum? I do not yet know which mobile home I'm going to buy or how much it will cost exactly, as I'm still looking. I know that the request must be made in writing, but I have no idea of what I should say or what is required by ssa. Please advise! Thank you for your time and have a good day...

justalayman

Although there are several atheists that probably wouldn’t be offended by your username, I am not an atheist and am offended by your username. Your username may result in less than an optimum experience on the free advice forums. If you don’t receive much response you might consider asking admin to allow you to change your username. Other than that, I wish you a great day as I won’t provide any advice due to your username.

Just Blue

Although there are several atheists that probably wouldn’t be offended by your username, I am not an atheist and am offended by your username. Your username may result in less than an optimum experience on the free advice forums. If you don’t receive much response you might consider asking admin to allow you to change your username. Other than that, I wish you a great day as I won’t provide any advice due to your username.
I totally agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">