• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ssi under payed for 2 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ubi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?CA
Hi I have my child that is receiving ssi he has been on it for a few years already.but about 3 years ago they claimed to have over payed us. So they reduced the regular amount to just t a little over 100.00 then deducted 70.00 a mo. to pay back the over payment it's been over 2 1/2 years already.a mo. ago we were called for a yearly report and where asked to take our taxs for our buissness (we only had for about 3or 4mo.) about 3 years ago and reported to ssi when we closed it.(they never made the changes so we've had that little swapmeet buissness for about 3 years.My main thing is now that they found out the mistake they refigured and they will be repaying back a dicent amount but can't be toughed for his regular use it could only be used for big iteams, like moving from home,frig,etc.I had to purchase a car about one year ago since my old one broke down. does anyone know if i could use this to pay for this car since I use 50% of the car for my son. thank you for your time and response.

BL

Is you child about ready to move ?

You basically are your son's payee , and must spend the benefits on the child's personal everyday needs and necessities . The auto is in your name , so it will not fly , and even so , especially if there is other means of transportation .

While an SSI recipient can own a vehicle , that's at the bottom of the list , and would be the recipients choice if he/she handled their own money .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">