• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stanford clawback claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drascovsky

Ok, so Im a colombian citizen residing in colombia, back in 2005 I made a deposit in the Stanford International Bank (didnt knew it was a ponzi scheme until he got arrested) but by 2009 when everybody found out it was ponzi scheme I would of taken most of it out, all the dealings with stanford was made in miami but legally all the money was held in antigua. now that he is convicted and and the court appointed receivers here and in antigua, the antigua receivers (them being Grant Thornton) have issue a clawback aggainst me, saying that Im a net winner, meaning that in the time I had the account open with stanford I made around $84000 in interest profits, and since that money was made thought the illegal activity of the bank I have to give it back. my questions are:
- Can I get sued in Antigua if Im not a resident?
- If they sue me can they seize any of my assets in other countries?
- would that have repercussions in the US?
- Should I be worried?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">