• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a Bath Products Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DunnDidIt

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am starting a bath and body product line which includes soaps, lip balm, lotion, body wash, and body spray. I may either manufacture candles or resell them.

Other than a vendor's license, do I need any other licenses? Is there anything I have to do for liability? I want to make sure someone doesn't buy it, their kid eats it and tries to sue me over an upset stomach or anything like that.

Other than ingedients is there anything else I should put on the packaging?

I will be selling on consignment, flea markets, and craft shows if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
DunnDidIt :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Originally posted by DunnDidIt

"Other than ingedients is there anything else I should put on the packaging?"

==========================================

TOP 10 Labels That Should Be Included On Your Bath Products - -

NUMBER 10: "Straight from Craptown."

NUMBER 9: Warnings such as, "This won't help at all, you poor son-of-a-bitch."

NUMBER 8: "Upon seeing yourself in the mirror, your first thought will be, What's Keith Richards doing here?"

NUMBER 7: "You'll be so clean, you'll start frying delicious bacon on your forehead."

NUMBER 6: Your fancy bath product name translates to "Land of the Giant Ticks."

NUMBER 5: "Makes you cleaner than Howard Hughes."

NUMBER 4: Your bath product slogan, "No more crabs!"

NUMBER 3: "I can't believe it's not butter".

NUMBER 2: "Give us a week, and we'll take off the flesh!"

AND, the NUMBER ONE Label That Should Be On Your Bath Products - -

"Long after your bath has ended, you'll still be squatting."

IAAL

HomeGuru

Very good. I bet these Top Ten's read better than your legal pleadings, answers, complaints and such.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
Very good. I bet these Top Ten's read better than your legal pleadings, answers, complaints and such.

My response:

Actually, and truth be told, I do something similar when I write Oppositions to Motions. I write headers like these for the various points I want to discuss. Sometimes I get small gafaws to bursts of laughter from the Bench. Most times, and I think in small part to my humor, I win - - I think it's due to the good mood I'm able to put the judge in, and because my "headers" are extremely cogent to the rediculous points argued by opposing counsel in their papers.

IAAL

D

DunnDidIt

WoW I'm so glad I've decided to waste my time on this website. You have been most helpful.

Can you see the sarcasm dripping?

You must have absolutely nothing better to do that sit and think up top ten lists. Have you thought of writing for Letterman?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Originally posted by DunnDidIt

Have you thought of writing for Letterman?

======================================

My response:

Yes, I have.

And, my Top 10 Lists are infinately more fun to write and entertaining than thinking up things for you to say on your labels, which, by the way, has NOTHING to do with law.

So, unless you're going to write back to say that you thought my "List" was extremely funny, a real kneeslapper, and wonderfully entertaining, then you can cram it clowny.

Can you see the sarcasm dripping down your leg?

IAAL

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Did you ever once think to look at a bottle of shampoo and a boxed bar of soap to see how those manufacturers did it?

What a dolt. The information was right there in front of you all the time. Just follow their format.

Next time, get some humor in your life.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DunnDidIt

I think the reason you act like such an immature arse is because you have a small penis.

09-04-2002 08:53 AM

==================================

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, at least you're making an "attempt" to get some humor in your life.

. . . and, while we're talking about small penises, how's your father doing?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">