• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a Food Stand

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

16bwhitt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I am looking to start a food stand in my local town, but I do want to be able to travel between counties to sell my food. This is not brick and mortar, only mobile. Basically, we want to be at Festivals and Car Shows and special events. What permits do I need from the state? I already have an LLC. All food is pre-cooked and contain no raw meat.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I am looking to start a food stand in my local town, but I do want to be able to travel between counties to sell my food. This is not brick and mortar, only mobile. Basically, we want to be at Festivals and Car Shows and special events. What permits do I need from the state? I already have an LLC. All food is pre-cooked and contain no raw meat.
What did the various counties say when you asked them?

adjusterjack

I suppose that's part of the question - is this is county thing or a State thing, or both?
State, county, city, town, borough, township, burg, Podunk, etc.

You will have to drill down to each government entity in whose area you want to do business and find out what their requirements are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">