• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting A New Entity With Two Other Businesses - One International, The Other Out of State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Harlemgal007

Hello, Fellow Visionaries-
I'm pretty new to the forum so thank you in advance for your insight and welcoming hospitality.
I have a sole proprietorship looking to create a new entity with two other businesses which are not incorporated in any way. Since one is not in my state and the other is in the UK, we're wondering what the most legal, simple and cost-effective way would be to launch the venture.
Any similar situational insight is greatly appreciated.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What US state?
In what state do you reside, in what other state is out of state business, what kinds of businesses would these be, why do you not want these businesses incorporated in any way, and who do you mean by "we" when your business is a sole proprietorship?

Harlemgal007

Thanks for the reply.
I am in Idaho, one partner is in Colorado and the other in the U.K. with ties in the Bahamas. We are all small business consultants in different arenas of expertise. I have been an LLC in past ventures but within my state only.

At present, we all operate individually, but are considering merging our experience into one new company.

We just want to know how best to can create an entity around our areas of knowledge, when we are all located in different places and have separate sole proprietorships in like-minded arenas.

Hopefully this provides some clarity to your questions.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your matter is far too complex for an internet forum. You (all) need to consult with an attorney (three, probably).

LdiJ

Hello, Fellow Visionaries-
I'm pretty new to the forum so thank you in advance for your insight and welcoming hospitality.
I have a sole proprietorship looking to create a new entity with two other businesses which are not incorporated in any way. Since one is not in my state and the other is in the UK, we're wondering what the most legal, simple and cost-effective way would be to launch the venture.
Any similar situational insight is greatly appreciated.
Based on your very limited description of what each of you do, I am not sure that there is any benefit at all in you combining forces.

However, I am also sure the that your potential combination is too complex for an internet forum. All of you need to consult attorneys separately before you contemplate moving forward.

Harlemgal007

Well I appreciate your input but since you're not an attorney I don't see the need to explain anything further to you here. We will be fine. Best.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well I appreciate your input but since you're not an attorney I don't see the need to explain anything further to you here. We will be fine. Best.
Did you miss the "IMPORTANT NOTICE" at the bottom of every page?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
FreeAdvice.com has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding information and "advice" free since 1995 with thousands of professionally prepared and reviewed articles, questions and answers in more than 100 categories in the Question and Answer pages at FreeAdvice.com. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS AND OTHER FORUM PAGES WERE NOT REVIEWED BY THE EDITORIAL STAFF OR ATTORNEYS AT FREEADVICE.COM and are provided AS IS. The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums. Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer and our Terms and Conditions of use which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum is never a substitute for personal advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney visit AttorneyPages.com. Copyright since 1995 by Advice Company. All Rights Reserved.

If you want an attorney, go pay one

quincy

Right. That is exactly the advice you have been given by forum members. :)

You should save your explanations for a business law professional in your area who can, first, personally review the specifics of each of your businesses and who can, second, advise you on the pros and cons of forming a single business.

It is possible to form a single business out of three separate businesses. But, with two of the business owners residing in different states and one business owner residing in a different country, there might not be any benefit to any of you in combining your operations.

From this distance and with few facts to go on, all I can see with your plan are legal headaches.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">