• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a newspaper in my region?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjv3131

What is the name of your state (Texas)? Hi, I live in south Texas and I am working with a monthly newspaper that covers only my region. The newspaper is printed in Mexico but the owner wants to start distributing in south Texas. Is there some kind of permit needed? Someone told us that we need to register the name so that another newspaper with the same name doesn't start distributing in the region. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Dave1952

I bet that you are not going to like this answer but there are lawyers who specialize in helping businesses to get the necessary permits to start-up. And having a lawyer on retainer is a very business-like thing to do.
Registering the name as a trademark might be wise.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">