• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Startling CALIFORNIA JAM Issue Emerges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Caljamscott

What is the name of your state? New York

For those of you following my Neverending California Jam Revival Saga:

A quick review: in 1974 ABC/TV hosted a mega-concert that was nearly bigger than Woodstock and I'm recognized as the only one who taped the show off the radio. Today these prove over and over again to be actual War Of The World-like Calibre Recordings:

Yesterday I did a search on www.loc.gov and I could find NOTHING on California Jam except a brief mention of "Frank Marino" who really has nothing to do with the 1974 California Jam. They're listing the California Jam 2 which is not the California Jam that I procured.

Does this mean no valid ABC/TV copyright exists? Look at www.loc.gov and see for yourself. Is this another signal in the ABC imcompetence that permeated the entire post-production of the biggest mega-concert in History that only one 16 year old amateur in the Bronx, New York, who was namely ME Taped and Preserved the Jam?

This is the Biggest Musical in the World Today and Everyday. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER why these 3 Hour Recordings shouldn't be brought to the forefront where they belong. They're way better than Classic Rock is anyway.

Why are we, with the We meaning All Humanity being punished, oppressed and suppressed like this? God, and will all the copyright lawyers here too please help me :confused:

C

Caljamscott

In all the years I've been doing this, this is the first time I've ever heard of someone "not caring" about the California Jam. I'm flabbergated honestly.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Caljamscott said:
In all the years I've been doing this, this is the first time I've ever heard of someone "not caring" about the California Jam. I'm flabbergated honestly.

My response:

Oh, please. Give it up.

You can be as flabbergasted as you want. All you have is a recording that no one cares about. The California Jam was a rip-off of Woodstock - - much like a sequel to a great movie. Nobody enjoys a sequel, and a sequel is rarely as good as the original.

Look, you like it? Great. Enjoy it. But it wasn't all that good.

IAAL

C

Caljamscott

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Oh, please. Give it up.

You can be as flabbergasted as you want. All you have is a recording that no one cares about. The California Jam was a rip-off of Woodstock - - much like a sequel to a great movie. Nobody enjoys a sequel, and a sequel is rarely as good as the original.

IAAL
I think I understand now. You're referring to California Jam "2" which I care as much about as you do. I have very little interest in California Jam 2. I only do California Jam "1" which remains one of the biggest events in California History, Music History and World History as well.

It i/s pretty astounding that out of a worldwide broadcast, I'm the only one who thought of MAGNETIZING the signal in the first place. I scored major press in 2002, the internet is all abuzz with the legend of my Recordings...

When I first starting posting about 5 years ago there were maybe, I'd say 200 posts on the newsgroups about California Jam. Now, due to my revival efforts, there are about 200,000 posts but this is neither here nor there for the moment.

Now I'm groping around trying to find out how I'm going to bring my World Exclusive California Jam Recordings to the Forefront, because this I/S the Biggest Musical in the World. We have a New Spirituality all over the internet because I taped this show properly. My three hours here are lot better than classic rock; they're better than anything so the focus of this thread is not the excitment and the aura that surrounds these incredible Recordings rather the focus here is how are we going to spread this incredible New Intellect of the California Jam Revival, the Biggest Musical in the World to the Masses now that everyone knows these Recordings DO EXIST :confused:

That is the issue I'm trying to tackle. I'm beyond the issue of are the Recordings going to fly. They're flying like no other musical in the world flies. Look around the internet you'll discover what I'm saying about these Recordings is true it's oh so true ;)

C

Caljamscott

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Oh, please. Give it up.

IAAL
I prefer not to justify the merits of the California Jam to anyone or what I did with it.

However I notice a recurring theme of yours to Woodstock. I saw the Beatles live on August 28, 1964. I was there for Jimi, Janis, the Momas and the Popas, the early Who...I was there for all the ancients. I must tell you that "Woodstock" does not float my boat nearly as much as the California Jam Recordings does. Anyway...

The way I did the SOUND for the 1974 California Jam is becoming, if it not already IS the Anthem of my Entire Generation. Again, I feel no desire to "justify" our love-cult for the many many ppl who believe in my Work and what I did at the California Jam, for instance. I have the Biggest Musical in the World here, well actually the TWO Biggest Musicals in the World here and either one of them jointly and severally is bigger than anything else the world has ever and previously seen musically and culturally.

Like I say...IF the California Jam is brought back proper to a station like KLOS via my Astounding Recordings it's going to be one of the Biggest Events in California History, if not *thee* Biggest Event in California History.

It's just the way it was done :cool:

Thank you for your input anyway, Senor. Again, Woodstock does NOT float my boat the way these California Jam Recordings of mine do. Thanks to me California Jam was done RIGHT and Woodstock was far from it. Let's just say I had a "big" part in the post-production of the most sought-after mega-concert in the world today, which is the 1974 California Jam Recordings.

divgradcurl

The Library of Congress has nothing to do with copyrights. If you want to see if ABC has a registered copyright in the California Jam, then you need to search the database at www.copyright.gov, the U.S. Copyright Office. However, registration of a copyright is not required; if ABC broadcasted the Jam, then ABC has a copyright on the broadcast, unless ABC has explicitly handed the Jam broadcast over to the public domain. And since in your earlier post you state that ABC is both claiming a copyright and denying you permission to use your recording of the broadcast, then it's clear that ABC has NOT handed the broadcast over to the public domain.

C

Caljamscott

Hi divgradcurl. Thank you for your advice. I just did a search on the copyright website you recommended. I entered "California Jam." No results, but recommends I enter california jam. No results, but recommends I enter California Am. Tried that, no results. Nothing nothing nothing.

In fact there's a famous item written about this cat and "mouse game" going on at a website called Filmthreat where I contact ABC Videosource. The befuddled clerk calls me back the next day and tells me "we've never even heard of California Jam!"

I guess we'll find out soon enough. It looks like I'm loading the ENTIRE California Jam onto an iStation for rebroadcast very shortly. Well the first hour to start anyway.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but this could turn into the Biggest Event in California History once ppl start grooving on the Jam again.

There are "rumors" that these Recordings actually do exist! I can vouch for that. I verify they do :cool:

C

Caljamscott

Another thing divgradcurl. I know, I surmise the reason why there is no California Jam copyright registered by ABC...because they FAILED to make a back-up copy of the thing in the first place. Thus they have no copy to register!

Let's see what happens when the mighty California Jam comes across the boards in California once again through an iStation. If done right, it could knock everything else out of the box.

They never had a copy to register because only the 16 year old genius over here thought of recording a mega-concert that was bigger and better than Woodstock "while the whole world was sleeping, on Nyquil" as the famous slogan GOES!

The situation is so bad that even the Performing Groups! failed to make a back-up copy of this magnificent mega-event like I did. That's why ol' Scotty Boy over here feels sorry for them and I send them copies of the magic because everyone but me forgot to tape the mega-Event.

Two weeks ago Jackson Browne himself said he would "rubber stamp" anything that came his way regarding what I did at the Jam.

Anyone could've done what I did, but back in 1974 apparently everyone was so Enraptured by the Event and by the Music that everyone but me forgot to bring a tape-recorder. That's why my rendition of California Jam is the biggest musical in the world today. It has a bit to do with the uniqueness of it too if I may.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">