• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

state removing child from my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


little kathy

My son, nearly 17 years old,has been in trouble with authorities recently. He was placed on a Diversion Plan,
which did not work. After getting in trouble this last time, we went to court and he was placed in the care of the State while a Probable Cause hearing was set. Now, the Court system has ordered me to complete Parenting Classes, along with several other demands placed upon myself. They say that if I fail to complete this, I will not get him back into our home. I do not have the time to take these classes, nor do I feel that they are relevant to his troubles. My question is: Can the State of Arkansas hold me responsible or press any kind of charges against me if I should choose to relinquish my parental rights? Say something like Abandonment or Neglect?
Thank You,
Little Kathy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential