• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State Sports Conference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

athom9246

CA

I am considering a suit against the CIF. Please let me know if it's reasonable and if you can point me to the right kind of lawyer to address the issue:

The area conference commissioner made a blanket ruling regarding several transfers to one high school based on a telephoned verbal complaint from a coach. He told this coach his ruling and conveyed it also to several media sources in the area. He stated that none of the students would be granted eligibility to transfer and play at the new school. This was solely based on the complaint "filed" by this coach. This coach did not know the transfer situations for all these kids, they were coming from various schools. He only had one kid involved. But, the commissioner it appeared based his ruling on the verbal complaint.

I'm not sure who "governs" the CIF or if they are their own governing body but I did log on to their site and think the accusing coach was supposed to file a written complaint whereby the Commissioner would then take the appropriate steps to review each transfer case by case.

I sent a letter to the CIF outlining my transfer situation and also spoke to the Commissioner. He told me he already heard about all the transfers and because they "seemed" to be related to sports, he was not going to allow eligibility. I asked him what the appeal process was and told him we had moved recently, that I enrolled my student during open enrollment as his assistant commissioner told me to do, and why I was transferring my student and he still said it was a sport move. Which it WAS NOT. She was being bullied and harrassed on and OFF the court. He said since it was athletes it was sports related. I guess what he meant is if she had been bullied by an NON athlete, the transfer would be ok.

He stated to me also that "none" of the transfers to this particular school would be eligible because it raised a red flag. When I told him I also knew of 3 cases moving into another district school and that those 3 cases transferred out of that same district school the previous year and now were going back, he said he was going to review each case separately. From what I've been told, all 3 kids will be playing next year. One of the parents hold a great deal of influence in the sports community.

It just seems to me that the commissioner is being influenced by certain people and not others and that his decisions are biased. There seems to be some definite discrimination going on. I also found out that one of the media people he "reported" to is married to his niece or someone close to him.

I believe my daugther will play as we actually moved in to the area of the school she transferred. But, the unjust treatment is unacceptable. At the very least this commissioner needs to be reviewed for adequacy in his post as commissioner.

Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">