• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TRUCKER J

I am being sued here in Ohio for $500.00 over a membership from a health club (which I cancelled and recieved my refund on my deposit)My contract was dated 8-6-93. Are there limitations here in Ohio?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TRUCKER J said:
I am being sued here in Ohio for $500.00 over a membership from a health club (which I cancelled and recieved my refund on my deposit)My contract was dated 8-6-93. Are there limitations here in Ohio?
My response:

You couldn't be MORE out of luck on this one. While most States have 3, 4 or 5 year Statutes of Limitations on written debts, Ohio has a whopping 15 (Fifteen) year Statute of Limitations on written debts.

I would sooner die, and go to hell first, before I EVER signed a contract in Ohio.

Absolutely incredible.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 11-28-2000 at 07:46 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">