• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

status hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MA,massachusets

Recently I was as arraigned for a minor criminal charge..but during this arraignment I
had filed a motion to dismiss...which was denied..and the case was scheduled for a status hearing..I was never asked to plea guilty or not guilty..what is this status hearing?...
Was i actually arraigned that day?.:confused:

CavemanLawyer

Arraignment in many states is really just a formality which may or may not even be followed. In any case, if you don't enter a plea at arraignment it is presumed you plead not guilty.

A status hearing is just a regular setting. You and your attorney will need to appear and your attorney will speak with the prosecutor about the case and a possible plea agreement. There may be several resets to conduct status hearings. Eventually ya'll will work something out or set it for trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">