• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations and estoppel question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not IC

What is the name of your state? Guam

If a defendant for some reason is estopped from pleading the statute of limitations does that extend the statute of limitations for a plaintiff from when the defendant was estopped? Say the normal statute of limitations for breach are 4 years, but an event 12 years back caused the defendant to be estopped would it cover the whole 12 years? I realize its a affirmative defense and not a cause of action. Legal notice was given to the defendants attorneys and no action was taken. Sorry if this is considered related to my other thread. I think this could be separate as the question has nothing to do with the other threads main topic.

justalayman

In any situation where the sol was tolled, it was limited to specific reasons. What is your reason you couldn’t have filed within the statute of limitations?

quincy

What is the name of your state? Guam

If a defendant for some reason is estopped from pleading the statute of limitations does that extend the statute of limitations for a plaintiff from when the defendant was estopped? Say the normal statute of limitations for breach are 4 years, but an event 12 years back caused the defendant to be estopped would it cover the whole 12 years? I realize its a affirmative defense and not a cause of action. Legal notice was given to the defendants attorneys and no action was taken. Sorry if this is considered related to my other thread. I think this could be separate as the question has nothing to do with the other threads main topic.
It would be best if you added this to your active thread. There is no need to start a new thread for each question.

Thanks.

quincy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">