• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations Congenital Deformities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Clintvan

9 years ago,(at age 18) I had paplitations and was put through the mills -- EKG's, angiogram, echo, and electropysiologic studies. After all the tests and 4 doctors later, they diagnosed me with an electrical problem of the heart, gave me an anti-arrhythmic drug and said don't worry about it. Last week, (9 years later), the palpitations started gettingalot worse and I saw a new doc who did an echo and diagnosed me with ASD (atrial Septal Defect) which is a congenital disorder that I am going to have to have open heart for very soon. My new doc says it should have been diagnosed with the previous echo AND angiogram and doesn't know how they missed this. ASD prognosis depends upon the amt of time you have it and in my case I got 9 years worth of damage free because they did not catch it. I know they statutes are 2 years in TX but is that from the time the misdiagnosis is discovered or from when you saw the doc??
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">