• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

When I was 16 I was in an abusive relationship with someone who was 18 and pressured and forced me into sex whenever they wanted, among verbal/mental abuse. My parents didn't find out til later, broke up the relationship and now want me to press charges. I need to know if that can be legally determined as statutory rape

PayrollHRGuy

We would need to know what state you are in and how old you are.

If you were forced into having sex what is known as statutory rape may not be the issue. But as I said we need to know what state you are in and your current age.

We would need to know what state you are in and how old you are.

If you were forced into having sex what is known as statutory rape may not be the issue. But as I said we need to know what state you are in and your current age.

I am now 18, this chaos of getting all the court stuff together has taken awhile, and im in the state of Arizona. The relationship didnt get broken until about 6 months ago while i was still 17 and the problem went on through the whole relationship

paddywakk

When I was 16 I was in an abusive relationship with someone who was 18 and pressured and forced me into sex whenever they wanted, among verbal/mental abuse. My parents didn't find out til later, broke up the relationship and now want me to press charges. I need to know if that can be legally determined as statutory rape
Problem I see is that after the first time you stayed in the relationship. I'm not an attorney, though

Just Blue

File a complaint with the police department.

quincy

It is called "sexual assault" in Arizona, not rape. And there are some defenses to a charge of sexual assault that could be a problem for you.

Here are links, first, to the sexual assault laws and, second, to the defenses (see F):

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/01406.htm

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/01407.htm

I agree that you should report the assault to the police but you might want to speak to an attorney first.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
When was his birthday? When was your birthday?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">