• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fitbodie

My boyfriend was charged with rape by force to a minor. When the young girl showed up to the prelimanry court she wore a short mini skirt and halter top. Her breast was low cut enought to see the tatoo on her breast. My boyfriend is 24 and she is 13.
The charges of forced raped were dropped. Now the only charge is stautory rape. When she was on the stand she never cried or showed any signs of a young girl who was beat up and raped only thirty days before. What is the maximum time my boyfriend can receive for statutory rape and does it matter if this case goes to trial when he admitted to having sex with her but did not know she was under age. Does it matter that she lied about her age? Email at [email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fitbodie:
My boyfriend was charged with rape by force to a minor. When the young girl showed up to the prelimanry court she wore a short mini skirt and halter top. Her breast was low cut enought to see the tatoo on her breast. My boyfriend is 24 and she is 13.
The charges of forced raped were dropped. Now the only charge is stautory rape. When she was on the stand she never cried or showed any signs of a young girl who was beat up and raped only thirty days before. What is the maximum time my boyfriend can receive for statutory rape and does it matter if this case goes to trial when he admitted to having sex with her but did not know she was under age. Does it matter that she lied about her age? Email at [email protected]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You didn't tell us your State. Laws are different from State to State, so I can't tell you about sentences or other punishment.

It makes no difference if she declared herself to be 23 years old. If she was 13 and he had intercourse with her, saying that he had sex with her, but "didn't know because she lied" is not a defense. Also, a child cannot legally give "consent." Her birth certificate will be the worst bit of evidence against him.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

G

get smart

you are way too hard on the 13 year old. the fact that she was wearing seductive clothing, had a tatoo, and willingly had sex with a 24 year old should shout out to you that she is one very messed up LITTLE GIRL. she is not even close to being on an equal playing field as your boyfriend. that is why there is the concept of statutory rape; that is why it is impossible for 13 year olds to give their "consent". girls and boys that young are babies and in a civilized society "adults" need to respect innocence and vulnerbility regardless of how youths dress, behave and pretend at being grown ups.

why don't you stop and think about what kind of guy you are dating. he had sex with someone that he obviously barely knew and she certainly could not have looked any older than 18. why are you willing to date someone who is soooo casual about sexual intercourse and so easily seduced?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">