• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

std

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fff

My girlfriend infected me with an incurable std. She had visible symptoms but told me they are not sexually transmitted. However, I found out from a nurse who works in her gynecologist’s office that she knew that she had an std all the time we were dating and still had chosen to misinform me about the nature of her disease. I am currently infected with this std as well.

Can I sue my girlfriend? Is there any way to make her doctor to disclose her medical record, which will prove that she knew about her std?

Thanks.
P.S : I live in VA

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fff said:
My girlfriend infected me with an incurable std. She had visible symptoms but told me they are not sexually transmitted. However, I found out from a nurse who works in her gynecologist’s office that she knew that she had an std all the time we were dating and still had chosen to misinform me about the nature of her disease. I am currently infected with this std as well.

Can I sue my girlfriend? Is there any way to make her doctor to disclose her medical record, which will prove that she knew about her std?

Thanks.
P.S : I live in VA

My response:

Some States will allow you to maintain a "battery" cause of action arising from sexually transmitted diseases; including a "fraud/misrepresentation" cause of action based on "fraudulent inducement".

For specific advice concerning medical records, and her privacy in such a lawsuit, see a local Personal Injury attorney.

IAAL

F

fff

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Some States will allow you to maintain a "battery" cause of action arising from sexually transmitted diseases; including a "fraud/misrepresentation" cause of action based on "fraudulent inducement".

Thank you for a fast reply. Do you know by any chance if VA is one of those states? Does this issue has a statue of limitations?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fff said:
Thank you for a fast reply. Do you know by any chance if VA is one of those states? Does this issue has a statue of limitations?

My response:

For specific advice, see a local Personal Injury attorney.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">