• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Std

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Need2know0107

Im in oregon on Std approved through 9.21 return to work date 9.22. If i put 2 weeks notice in 9.16 which would end 9.30. Will i continue to get std through the approved date of 9.21.or can they term me since i put my 2 weeks in and not pay me anymore? Do i give 2 weeks (i want to not burn a bridge) or ive heard others say just wait til std is at end and give little or no notice to prevent them from ending the std income with the notice?
Q1. Does my employer have legal authority to end std benifits upon receiving notice from an employee?
Q2. is it better to put a 2 week notice in while on std Or just let them know you are not coming back right before return date to ensure benefits don't end with the notice?
Q3. are you required to return to work for a certain amount of time after std ends to retain the distributions. Can company/ ins company require to pay some back if quit while out/ do not return to work a certain amt of hours ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">