• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stein

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agent917

I also Live in NV, just like that Ivy guy and I have a similar question that I have been thinking about.

I also am going to put in my two week notice and I have heard through the grape vine that it will be accepted that day and it's hasta la bye bye for me. But I need to move to another State to be with my family. I wonder can I go for unemployment? I mean I will be fired through no fault of my own and that's basically what the law states for unemployment benefits here. OK so I was going to quit, but wasn't expecting to do it the same day, that's why I am going to put in for TWO weeks, not quitting at that moment. I'd like to get unemployment till i get a job there in TX where I'm going.

Some Random Guy

You are voluntarily quitting. The employer just chooses to accept your resignation immediately instead of two weeks later.

I'd like to get unemployment till i get a job there in TX where I'm going.
I fail to see how you will be able to collect unemploymnet while out of your home state after voluntarily quitting.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You might be eligible for UI for the two weeks of your notice, minus any waiting period required by your state.

Since you voluntarily quit, it's unlikely that you would be eligible for UI beyond that point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">