• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-mom arrested for Drug Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firedog11ku

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

My nieces step mother was arrested and charged with a Class-4 Felony Drug Possession about a week or so ago. This was not the her first offense for these charges. She spent some time in a State correctional facility for similar charges. She then did not so for her court date and has a bench warrant out for her arrest. My sister-in-law found out today about the charges and asked her ex about it and he flipped out and told her that he was coming to take her out of school early and there wasn't anything she could do about it. He then hung up on her. She called the school and told them the situation and they put the school on lock down. So now my sister-in-laws lawyer said that there wasn't anything that they could do.

My question is this: Is the lawyer correct? Is there any course of action that they should take?

It scares us all that she has been using drugs and been caring for my niece.
The fact that the ex is helping his current wife keep out of jail, shows how little they respect the law.

Thanks for any help.

LdiJ

So, you are saying that the stepmother is hiding from the law?...and dad is helping her?

That makes them a huge flight risk.

I would recommend talking to the attorney again on Monday about trying to get an order to temporarily suspend visitation until stepmom turns herself in. It may not be possible, but I would certainly be aprehensive about letting dad have the kids while he is helping his wife hide from the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">