• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-Mother Needs Advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Utah

My husband commited suicide 5 years ago. Together we have a daughter that is now 7 years old. At the time that I met my husband he was seperated from his first wife, they together have a daughter who is not 9 years old. At the time that I met my husband his oldest daughter was just 2 months old. I was a major part of her life since that time. I was the main care giver of my step-daughter during the court ordered visitions before and after thier divorce was final. For a short time after my husbands death in July of 1997. I was permitted to have visitions with my step-daughter. The ex-wife has since haulted any visitation and/or contact with myself. I have searched and searched for anything that I can do to have any contact with my step-daughter. My daughter, her sister does not have the same relationship with her that she had prior to thier fathers death. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO!!!! We all live in Tooele, Utah

:confused: Any Help Appreciated PrincessSoldier



You may can contact an attorney to find out if it's possible for you to file for visitation for your daughter to see her sister. I know how hard it is to get close to your stepkid then something happen and you don't get to see them, in my case we divorced, however, I still get to talk to my daughter's half brother (he lives three hours away), and get to see him occasionally, and I get to keep her younger half sister (with exwife #3) almost every other weekend. Me and the other exwives get along fine. You may want to try to talk to her mother about trying to keep a relationship between the siblings before seeking any legal action. But I must say, I've never heard of a case like this in court. Best of luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential