• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Parent Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband has signed over his rights of his son to his ex-wife and her new husband. Her new husband plans on adopting him. We have signed all the necessary documents to complete this process THREE times. It seems that his ex-wife keeps filing something wrong each time. I guess what I am looking for is if there is any recourse that we can take to make sure that she does this properly. This is a very painfull process, however, each time the file is "incomplete" according to the courts, we have to go through all of this. She continues to treaten us that if we do not sign and return papers by the time specified, she will go to the courts to modify child support payments. (By the way, we do not owe her any "back" support, we are even ahead on payments!).

If anyone can suggest anything, it would be a great help!


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential