• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step - Parent and Issues with them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamalex

What is the name of your state? Kansas
I am a parent of a 16 year old. The step-mom has decied for years to stick her nose where it does not belong. Up until now I have looked and searched for laws restricting them, or to even find laws that they have no authority. Anyway she has brain washed my daughter. She tells my daughter that she has mental issues. She went as far as to an Emergency Phsyc evaluation. Saying that if and when my daughter talks to me she gets depressed and suicidel. In April of 2004, she tried suicied and they did nothing. Now that I have filed papers to change custody, she takes her to a psyc eval.
I believe that she has ruined my child. My child now thinks she is mentall ill. It really irritates me and I try to control my temper, but that is my child and she show no responsiblilty for her actions.
I also have a ten year old (from a different marriage), and he show more responsiblity and pays the consequenced for his actions. Which my 16 year old has no idea.
Please respond.

Y

youdontknowme

pamalex said:
What is the name of your state? Kansas
I am a parent of a 16 year old. The step-mom has decied for years to stick her nose where it does not belong. Up until now I have looked and searched for laws restricting them, or to even find laws that they have no authority. Anyway she has brain washed my daughter. She tells my daughter that she has mental issues. She went as far as to an Emergency Phsyc evaluation. Saying that if and when my daughter talks to me she gets depressed and suicidel. In April of 2004, she tried suicied and they did nothing. Now that I have filed papers to change custody, she takes her to a psyc eval.
I believe that she has ruined my child. My child now thinks she is mentall ill. It really irritates me and I try to control my temper, but that is my child and she show no responsiblilty for her actions.
I also have a ten year old (from a different marriage), and he show more responsiblity and pays the consequenced for his actions. Which my 16 year old has no idea.
Please respond.
Is there joint custody/shared parenting plan involved? If so, what does it say about stepparent "do's and don'ts"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">