• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step parent rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? florida
ok this is my situation my husband and i been married for 31/2 years he had an affair with a woman and she had a baby. my husband has a visitation order,but his son mom and her family has start harrassing me blaming me for everything that goes wrong.. my husband has not seen his son in two weeks. when he did see his son he was in the hosiptal with herpes now his mom feels im the one who turned her in to protective service. i told her it was not me ,but she calls with threats or just hanging the phone up she is playing games. my question is do i have any rights as a step parent to stop her from harrassing me with out it endanger my husband visitation arrangment?
Last edited:


Senior Member
What you do to her should not affect the visitation order. You should press charges against her for harrassment if you have proof. You can also try to get a restraining or no contact order. She has no business contacting you and you don't have to speak to her. Anything regarding the child should be communicated through the Mom and Dad.

If she withholds visitation against the order she can be held in contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential