• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step son stabbed by wife 2x

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

AS an aside I would suggest you NOT meddle with comments about her ability to teach or be licensed for same.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In the back? That certainly doesn't sound anything like self defense.
It is called defense of a third person if he was waving a gun at the neighbor. I note OP doesn’t deny his stepson owns a pistol. A pistol, depression and a BAC of over .30 makes me think it is possible wife acted in defense.

Just Blue

It is called defense of a third person if he was waving a gun at the neighbor. I note OP doesn’t deny his stepson owns a pistol. A pistol, depression and a BAC of over .30 makes me think it is possible wife acted in defense.
The neighbor should be able to clarify to police what happened. I agree with you though...all of the ^ makes defense of a third party look very viable.

HRZ

IF the guy was downstairs in his own dwelling unit and the drunk was upstairs in his dwelling unit , it may be a tough debate as to if the guy downstairs was in imminent danger even if drunk upstairs was carrying a weapon ....apparently whatever the prior confrontation may have been, the parties had separated or retreated ....it's far from a slam dunk point . Let law enforcement handle it.

The victim of the stabbing sure as heck needs help and intervention with his drinking and depression major problems ...there may be veterans groups than can help bring help into equation or guide one to help ....sure seems like this guy is a danger to himself as well as everyone around him .

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
IF the guy was downstairs in his own dwelling unit and the drunk was upstairs in his dwelling unit , it may be a tough debate as to if the guy downstairs was in imminent danger even if drunk upstairs was carrying a weapon ....apparently whatever the prior confrontation may have been, the parties had separated or retreated ....it's far from a slam dunk point . Let law enforcement handle it.
Oh, hush already.

concernedstep1970

They have been having issues for couple months - about month ago they had argument and he left - usually when he does he comes to our place - and they text back forth or argue over phone then he goes home. He will just show up and say staying for while. This time we received a text from her saying that when he left he said I’m done with this world permanently and after he left she hadn’t heard from him in over 4 hours. We tried to text and call him and everything went unanswered or directly to voicemail. My wife was frantic and We called his wife and asked if she knew whether he had pistol with him or not and she told us she had taken the gun from his glovebox weeks ago and had broken it down in pieces and hid them. When the police arrested her they got cissors and the gun and the gun didn’t have a magazine in it and only 1 bullet in chamber. I’m ex Army and he’s ex Marine Scout Sniper - neither of us are going to carry a gun with one bullet in chamber and no magazine

concernedstep1970

My opinion the gun was brought out to help create her alibi - if he was that intoxicated he would have put a full magazine in and loaded gun - it’s almost impossible to load one bullet in an auto pistol with no magazine

concernedstep1970

Plus it turned out he never hit neighbor - just pushed him to ground with both hands - how do you do that with one gun in hand and she doesn’t have mark on her

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She claimed that they came home and he passed out on floor and then woke up and started vomiting and then flew into rage throwing things and the tennant from first floor came up and knocked on door and he opened the door and hit the tennant and then chased him downstairs and he broke out the guys apt window and broke light off door entrance and then went back up stairs and grabbed a pistol and at that point she feared for neighbors life so she grabbed cissors and stabbed left side back to make him drop gun
Plus it turned out he never hit neighbor - just pushed him to ground with both hands - how do you do that with one gun in hand and she doesn’t have mark on her
First time around, he assaulted the neighbor before getting the gun.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
They have been having issues for couple months - about month ago they had argument and he left - usually when he does he comes to our place - and they text back forth or argue over phone then he goes home. He will just show up and say staying for while. This time we received a text from her saying that when he left he said I’m done with this world permanently and after he left she hadn’t heard from him in over 4 hours. We tried to text and call him and everything went unanswered or directly to voicemail. My wife was frantic and We called his wife and asked if she knew whether he had pistol with him or not and she told us she had taken the gun from his glovebox weeks ago and had broken it down in pieces and hid them. When the police arrested her they got cissors and the gun and the gun didn’t have a magazine in it and only 1 bullet in chamber. I’m ex Army and he’s ex Marine Scout Sniper - neither of us are going to carry a gun with one bullet in chamber and no magazine
Really? You can't state that. He was DRUNK with over a .30 BAC and owned a pistol. You think he was in his right mind? And as for being calm at the hospital, what did they give him for the pain? How much blood did he lose? Was he in shock from the fact that he was STABBED for allegedly aiming a pistol at his downstairs neighbor? You are assuming an awful lot.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My opinion the gun was brought out to help create her alibi - if he was that intoxicated he would have put a full magazine in and loaded gun - it’s almost impossible to load one bullet in an auto pistol with no magazine
That is a presumption. How do you know if he had a gun or not on him or how he loaded it? You were NOT there.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
That is assault. HE pushed him -- which means HIT HIM WITH HIS HAND. Then if he has a gun... Just quit posting. You are not helping your stepson at all. I can poke so many holes into your story to support his wife that it is not even funny.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Look, it's not your job to play detective. That's what the actual police get paid to do, and their testimony in court is what matters, not yours.

What you CAN do: help you wife in convincing your stepson to get the help he needs.
1) Alcohol abuse help.
2) Mental health help.
3) Domestic violence help.

If there are not already children and he refuses help, then offer to pay for a vasectomy. No child should be subjected to this chaos if at all avoidable.

Just Blue

Look, it's not your job to play detective. That's what the actual police get paid to do, and their testimony in court is what matters, not yours.

What you CAN do: help you wife in convincing your stepson to get the help he needs.
1) Alcohol abuse help.
2) Mental health help.
3) Domestic violence help.

If there are not already children and he refuses help, then offer to pay for a vasectomy. No child should be subjected to this chaos if at all avoidable.
EXTRA Like !:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">