• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stet and compliance with judge's ruling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ArtistTori

What is the name of your state? MD

My husband and I have gone through a very rough time in our neighborhood due to new neighbors that moved in and told lies about us because we asked them to adhere to the law and quiet their three golden dogs. They didn't and proceeded to go house to house to harm us. This has been going on for 3-1/2 years, during which time my husband has had a triple-by-pass and many other health problems as have I from the stress. We have wanted to move, but financially could not. We had been working towards moving when an incident occured last July, 2001. We have 29 dogs surrounding us that bark all day long - yes, it is illegal in this state to disturb one individual, but MD does not care or enforce its laws. My husband had just returned to work after his triple-by-pass, and started back at 4 hours a day. The next week he had to go two 13 hour days in a row and came home to have dinner. The dogs were going off, as always (ps my husband takes 45 different medications aday for his heart, diabetes, stress, depression, etc.) and he yelled out to have the neighbors shut their does up. They wouldn't and yelled back foul things. He (my husband) finally cracked and went out with a coke bottle in hand and a remote and gestured up to the sky in frustration begging them to shut up the dogs. They called the police after getting together with other neighbors (who own dogs) for over 45 minutes and claimed Ron had a gun. It went in front of a judge at great cost, and during the talking part the prosecutor suggested we sell our home and leave. My husband pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace to please the prosecutor and got a pbj for that. The other charges (gun, assault, etc.) were put on stet if he did the things on the judge's judgement list - 24 hours of community service, give them the gun we had in storage, and go to anger management (had gone on his own 12 times before this incident) and went another 10. No where had the judge ordered we move to meet the stet. We want to move and are working hard towards it, in the meantime the prosecutor has harrassed us about not being out fast enough, the neighbors forward lies to him and make fake house-interest calls etc. There is alot more to this, but the bottom line is - if the sale of the house and moving were not on the list could the attorney force the issue and bring the case back to trial? He acts like anything discussed before the judge's decision and the list my husband had to sign and comply with is part of the judge's decision. Please help - this has taken my life away. My husband is 53 years old and never been in trouble with the law again - alot of horrible things in our life has happened because of these lie - wish I could tell you about them. Thank you in advance for any advice or help - Tori

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ArtistTori said:
What is the name of your state? MD

My husband and I have gone through a very rough time in our neighborhood due to new neighbors that moved in and told lies about us because we asked them to adhere to the law and quiet their three golden dogs. They didn't and proceeded to go house to house to harm us. This has been going on for 3-1/2 years, during which time my husband has had a triple-by-pass and many other health problems as have I from the stress. We have wanted to move, but financially could not. We had been working towards moving when an incident occured last July, 2001. We have 29 dogs surrounding us that bark all day long - yes, it is illegal in this state to disturb one individual, but MD does not care or enforce its laws. My husband had just returned to work after his triple-by-pass, and started back at 4 hours a day. The next week he had to go two 13 hour days in a row and came home to have dinner. The dogs were going off, as always (ps my husband takes 45 different medications aday for his heart, diabetes, stress, depression, etc.) and he yelled out to have the neighbors shut their does up. They wouldn't and yelled back foul things. He (my husband) finally cracked and went out with a coke bottle in hand and a remote and gestured up to the sky in frustration begging them to shut up the dogs. They called the police after getting together with other neighbors (who own dogs) for over 45 minutes and claimed Ron had a gun. It went in front of a judge at great cost, and during the talking part the prosecutor suggested we sell our home and leave. My husband pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace to please the prosecutor and got a pbj for that. The other charges (gun, assault, etc.) were put on stet if he did the things on the judge's judgement list - 24 hours of community service, give them the gun we had in storage, and go to anger management (had gone on his own 12 times before this incident) and went another 10. No where had the judge ordered we move to meet the stet. We want to move and are working hard towards it, in the meantime the prosecutor has harrassed us about not being out fast enough, the neighbors forward lies to him and make fake house-interest calls etc. There is alot more to this, but the bottom line is - if the sale of the house and moving were not on the list could the attorney force the issue and bring the case back to trial? He acts like anything discussed before the judge's decision and the list my husband had to sign and comply with is part of the judge's decision. Please help - this has taken my life away. My husband is 53 years old and never been in trouble with the law again - alot of horrible things in our life has happened because of these lie - wish I could tell you about them. Thank you in advance for any advice or help - Tori

My response:

Okay, let me draw you a picture . . .

Make your post shorter by removing all of the emotional verbiage, the editorials, and the opinions. Give us a BRIEF background and stick to the facts. Then, put all of your legal questions at the end and not mixed in with the story.

IAAL

A

ArtistTori

You know, I am Always Liable - I am really sorry that I troubled you and that you had to read so much and see human emotion. Your reply was rude, and I thank you for not providing any additional information - I wouldn't want to hear it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ArtistTori said:
You know, I am Always Liable - I am really sorry that I troubled you and that you had to read so much and see human emotion. Your reply was rude, and I thank you for not providing any additional information - I wouldn't want to hear it.

My response:

Now, that was short, and to the point. Good job.

We don't need to wade through your emotional baggage. Why do you want to make it ours? We are a legal site, not a "Dear Abby" site.

Now, rewrite your post, and we'll see what we can do (without getting bored to death before you finally get to your point).

IAAL

A

amc822

If there is no court order stating you are to move you don't have to. A prosecutor's suggestion is not a court order. And just because he's a prosecutor don't assume he's within the law when he harassess you. A lot of times they do it so they don't have to mess with another court case and they know people are intimidated by them. What county do you live in? I live in MD too. PG County has a good Animal Control office. They will follow up on complaints. If I read your post correctly your husband has been to anger management 22 times. However, if I was a prosecutor and saw this and all the neighbors complained he was a nut I'd tend to believe them.

A

ArtistTori

MD - Anne Arundel

Thank you for your very informative response. Regarding the anger management it basically breaks down as this. My husband, after the incident, felt very badly that it had gotten so out of hand that he was yelling at these people that he went on his own to a Social Services Counselor. After 2 sessions of talking, the Counselor suggested that he did not need to come back. My husband, since we were trying for neighborhood arbitration and mediation, thought it was best to continue until something was settled. The case was postponed by prosecution not being ready three times and was held up almost 7 months. After the talk with the judge and he asked that my husband attend anger management with the same Counselor, my husband went back. The Counselor stated to our lawyer and prosecutor that my husband did not need it but that because it was court ordered he would proceed. After three times, the Counselor said the order was more than fulfilled. My husband suggested three more times just to make sure that they fulfilled whatever amount the prosecutor had in mind since he harassed us so many times. Regarding the neighbors - the woman involved waited 45 minutes to call 911 - then she suddenly had other witnesses (neighbors that had told lies about us before - many times) and there was no one outside but my husband, the woman, her two barking dogs (going on year 5) at the time of the incident. All the witnesses after 45 minutes of discussion had the exact same story - exact everything. I don't think that there has ever been a case where all the witnesses saw the same thing - the car was big, the car was little, the car was dark green, the car was bright yellow, the driver was a woman, the driver was a man with short hair, etc. When they all say exactly the same thing - especially when some were not even outside to witness, then there is definitely something fishy. Again, I really appreciate your help and post - my husband is a good man and has never to my knowledge had anger issues - we have both reached our ropes with the animal situation - 29 unruly dogs left out all day and night barking for almost 6 years that we have lived here. Home is not our castle or refuge - it is a nightmare. Many thanks, ArtistTori

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">