• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

still buggin me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? kentucky

i posted the message bout my son's dad's mother and now family buggin me on dropping the child support b/c we are talking to see if we want our family and if it would work we are currently hanging out to see if maybe we could get along,... his brothers girl friend got on here today to let me know that if i didn't drop it that it was afederal offence b/c we are talking and seeing if we can make something out of it this time around.... his mother hasn't said to much more on it when i told her that we have decided to keep everything as is b/c of all the problems we have always had and to make sure that our son has money for his needs.... i still get my son's child support and he still get's him for his visitaions every weekend... every time me and his family had started talking and as i thought we were getting along they would take something i waould do and take it to court like try to get me to meet them at the state police barraks with me not having a car or the reliability to get there (20 miles) from where i live. he gets him every saturday and every other sunday. i don't have the means to do that they took me to court for their gas milage being they are the ones to waste their gas to pick and drop him off ( now its 16 miles from their house to the state police barraks & nine miles to my house ) they went in complianing bout the gas milage... they have tried to get me on anything most have backfired on them but. i told my son's dad that i wanted to leave everything as is, he agreed, but they are still telling me that i couldn't do it. i know a couple that are married and he still pays child support so they would make sure to have money for him to put back... please tell me something that i can tell them on this b/c i'm not changing anything. we have agreed to keep everything the same.

brisgirl825

You're not doing anything wrong. Even if you do get back together, the money he gives you would be returning to the household that you would be maintaining together. Nothing lost there right?

Tell them to pound sand and ignore it.

Shay-Pari'e

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Why is it the Grandparents are taking you to court and to the police? If they don't have visitation or anything, why are you wasting your time listening to them?

And what is a police barracks?

they talk him into going back to court for this or that...
nothing about the police, theyt want to meet at the state police barraks which is basicly the state police post where they usually asign for the visitations to meet at when they don't want to go to each others home or if it's easier on miliage or if they think there would be a problem....

bris? there is mare to this??????

theres a whle history on this if thats what you mean,,, i wasn't going to go into everthing but if you would like more of the storie so you know what i'm going throught w/ all this then let me know...

brisgirl825

--PARIDISE-- said:
Thanks Paradise, that was an interesting read.

OP, it's no wonder why his family has issues with you. However, it doesn't change the fact that until a CO states he is no longer obligated to pay cs, he has to do it.
Since his family has reasons to fear your intentions here, I would not tell them to "pound sand", as I suggested before. Perhaps, just ignoring it and not let it bother you, would be the best choice.
It's time to grow up and understand that you can't treat people like shizzy and expect them to trust you.

who said i treated them like " shizzy " I don't understand where you get that " no wonder his family has problems with me " they would come on and start talking to me then turn around and are crule....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">