• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stipluation Settlement 6/2/11 Attorney issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sokols

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?CA
Finished Divorce with a Stipulation agreement on 6/2/11. The day after the agreement and docs were signed and filed. I discovered errors in my pension calculation (by the respondants attorney) and mathmatical addition errors on settlement amount. I brought this up with my attorney who now chooses not to return my calls and emails going on 12 days. I wanted to file a Motion to Reconsider, which is now too late to file. The respondents attorney and respondent need me to finish and process a quit claim deed relinquishing my claims to the family house for the designation settlement amount and remove my belongings(which was written down at the time of signing the settlement agreement) from the property by the end of the month.
1) I need advice as to whether or not I need to produce the quit claim deed and turn it over when the respondent is holding hostage my belongings on the list which he has removed from the property.
2)Also do I have any rights to take him back to court to correct the $ errors? 3) My attorney will not return any correspondence and as far as I am concerned the process has not be completed. What recourse do I have?

To answer the questions:

1) Yes, you need to follow court orders. If the other party is not following it your recourse is to file for contempt.

2) Probably not. You agreed to the amounts when you signed the stipulation. That's why it's CRITICAL to review before signing.

3) You would have to talk to your attorney as to why they are not responding. It may take a drive to the office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">